My Journey in 2013

The new year is often a time for reflection and resolutions.  So, why shouldn't I do the same?  Let me step back, take a breath and wipe the sweat of 2013 off my brow.  Phew!  It's been quite a ride.

What have I done this year?  A lot.  Upon Your Return was accepted by Solstice Publishing in August of 2012.  It took some time for them to do the cover art, editing and sort out any final details before it was published in February of this year.



My first guest blog post was in September of 2012.  I began to learn how to blog better after that.  I maintained social networking accounts on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as most authors do.  After Upon Your Return was published on February 13, 2013, I began promoting it.  In March, I had my first interview on RC Bonitz's site.  I continued to have them as I reached out to many bloggers and promotional venues for books.  I listed myself as an author any place I could.  I promoted every one of my blog posts or interviews.  I started heavily promoting my self-published books, which were published from 2010 to 2012.


Also in February, I decided to update the covers of my books.  I revised them and changed the covers, and I feel they turned out beautifully.  Of course I'm biased.  LOL.



I did a lot of interviews and guest posts from then on, and made sure to make a note of each one here on the blog.  I also maintained another blog, Writing in the Modern Age, which had author interviews, guest articles and poetry spotlights.  I did my part helping my fellow authors.  I also moderated three discussion groups on LinkedIn and three on Facebook.



Somehow in the midst of this madness (don't ask me how), I also managed to work on the sequel to Upon Your Return. I set my mind to it and decided I was going to finish the manuscript.  I finished it in August and I am now polishing it for submission.  It is called Upon Your Honor.  I recently received a contract for a paranormal romance through Solstice Publishing so that should be out sometime in 2014.  And in November, I published a new book, Leather and Lace.



I have plans to re-release all of my books under the same name, Marie Lavender.  For now, they are under different pen names.  I also will have an anthology out soon titled Miss Lavender's Anthology of Ramblings.  Additionally, I am working on a romantic suspense called Certain Death with another writer.  Let's see.  Did I miss anything?  Oh, I'm trying my hand at a new genre for me, but I can go into that at another time.

So, what were all of my milestones this year?  Getting traditionally published, for one.  Aside from the fun interviews I did, I had some excellent reviews of my books.  Upon Your Return made the top ten chart on Indie Author Land in June.  I also met so many wonderful writers and readers through social networking.  Their support has both humbled and encouraged me.  July was also a popular month for Ransom.

Let's see...what else?  In September, I made a book trailer for Upon Your Return.  That was an interesting, educational experience.  September was also a good month for Upon Your Return.  I made record sales for the month with my publisher.  Upon Your Return became a bestseller on Amazon.  In October, I was the featured author of the week on Maurice Tudor's blog.  In the same month, I made both the Top 100 and Top 50 on Authors Database.  As I stated before, in November, I received a contract for a paranormal romance with Solstice Publishing.  When that comes out, it will be my second traditionally published book.  Also in November, I officially released a new e-book, Leather and Lace.  The paperback should be available on Amazon soon.

In December, I received the Liebster blog award for this blog.  And I have written quite a few love poems this year.  Finally, for a milestone, I have to count the fact that I finished the manuscript for Upon Your Honor, the sequel to Upon Your Return, very quickly.  I have many of these things to be thankful for.

As of this date, I have published 17 books, all of which are available on Amazon and Lulu.com.  A full listing is on my website.

It has been a busy year.  I hope next year proves to be just as fruitful.  As for resolutions, I should probably resolve to try to be a bit more organized.  LOL.



I am so grateful to all of my readers for reading either the Kindle or paperback versions of my books.  I am also grateful to the readers of this blog for bothering to pay attention to my ramblings, whether they be random thoughts, a poem, an article, an event or an interview I had.  Your support means so much to me.



Please feel free to connect with me or follow my pages on these various sites:


Thanks again, and happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!

    Marie,

    Have you ever considered making yourself available to play the lead role in Wonder Woman the movie?

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...