A Review for UPON YOUR RETURN

This review escaped my notice because it was only under the U.K. version on Amazon:



5.0 out of 5 stars French Femme Fatal, 27 Oct 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Upon Your Return (Kindle Edition)
Lovely story only let down slightly by the lack of history of the hero Grant.

There was so much more to be said about him. We had a tantalizing taste and a hint of titled ancestry, land and deceitful relations but it was suddenly ripped away and forgotten as the action centered on our lovely but slightly shallow heroine. I was actually slightly annoyed with her before she stood up for herself, her child and her lover.

The French atmosphere was perfectly described and some of the characters were brilliantly done. (especially her aunt) I felt I needed a little more background. I didn't understand where Fara's thinking came from. We had virtually no description of her life between when she was orphaned and being married off to the apparent highest bidder.

Apart from that the story is lovely and I am hoping for a follow up where we will discover some of the mystery behind the main characters.
http://www.amazon.com/Upon-Your-Return-Marie-Lavender/dp/1484978099/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...