Interview on the Meet the Author blog!

*This originally posted here, but I will put it below as well.

Marie Lavender


 

Location:

Indiana / U.S.A.

 

Age:  32 years old

 


Question:  How long have you been writing?


I have been writing since the age of nine.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?


I first published a book in 2010'.  It was titled "Express Café and Other Ramblings". 

 
Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?


I self-published it under a pen name.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?


Basically, I wanted to compile all of my short stories and poems together into one book.  It was an anthology.  There is no specific theme to the book though.  Most of the stories are literary fiction.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

Yes, it is available on LULU and Amazon.

Question:  How many total books have you published?

I have published 16 books.


Question:  List all of your titles

Marie Lavender: "Upon Your Return"

Erica Sutherhome: "Hard to Get"; "Memories"; "A Hint of Scandal"; "Without You"; "Strange Heat"; "Terror in the Night"; "Haunted"; "Pursuit"; "Perfect Game"; "A Touch of Dawn"; "Ransom"

Kathryn Layne: "A Misplaced Life"

Heather Crouse: "Express Café and Other Ramblings"; "Ramblings, Musings and Other Things"; "Soulful Ramblings and Other Worldly Things"



Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I am working on the sequel to "Upon Your Return", my current release.  I am also doing a romantic suspense with a writing partner.  Coincidentally, I have decided to merge my first three books together into one anthology, and it will be titled "Miss Lavender’s Anthology of Ramblings".  I hope to have that out sometime this year.


Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

"Upon Your Return" is my current book.  It is also my first traditionally published book.  It is a historical romance about a girl who dreams big in a time where the lives of women are already planned.  She finds her match in a man who is not her suitor, but actually a captain.


Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?


I think my characters are very human.  People can relate to their experiences.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers?

Fear not.  I plan to re-release all of my books under one name!

You can follow Marie Lavender at her various sites below

Blog Writer's Note to Author:  Boy, it seems like you've been at this awhile.  It's quite obvious to me that you have a great love for writing.  It also seems to me that you've obviously paid your dues, and I'm glad you are now published by a traditional publisher. I want to thank you for agreeing to be interviewed for my blog, and I wish you all the best in the future with your current book and anything else that should follow it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...