New 4 Star Review on Goodreads and Amazon for UPON YOUR RETURN!

Here are the links on Amazon and Goodreads.

's review
Aug 31, 13

bookshelves: marie-lavender

This book is a historical romance set during the 1800's in France. I'm not really one who reads historical romance novels, but I did enjoy this one. Some of the words I didn't understand, because they were in french, but that didn't take away from the book. I loved the history of this book. I could really see the beautiful dresses, the horse driven carriages, and how big of an event the opera was.

All Fara wants is to find love, but society dictates otherwise. During that time, women didn't get to make their own choices, but Fara was bound and determined to make her own. She has a brain and definitely wants to use it. That was rather difficult while living with her uncle since he was so strict. She was afraid that she would have to marry without love. Her uncle is bound and determined to find her a suitable husband.

I liked Fara's character because she has a mind of her own and she does not care what society dictates. She is never disrespectful to her uncle even though he's not exactly the easiest person to live with.

Then under unforeseen circumstances, she meets Grant Hill, who is the Captain on his ship. She starts feeling something she has never felt before. Society dictate she should not act on those feelings. Based on what has happened, he becomes her protector. After she learns more about him, her feelings for him do not change. Grant is not the person she thought he was.

I liked Grant's character because he is always honorable and treats Fara with respect. He never expects more from her. He never dictates to her about society. All he wants to do is protect her.

Fara is then forced to go live with her aunt Lina. Lina takes her in and shows her nothing but warmth and love. This is something that Fara has not felt since she was with her parents.

I really liked Lina's character because she took Fara in and treated her as if she were her own daughter. Fara had been looking for this connection since she was a child.

This book was a great read and I look forward to reading future book from this author. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...