Interview on Love, Lust and Lipstick Stains

This is the original post, but I will put it below as well.


Saturday, 17 August 2013

Saturday Storyteller Interview: Marie Lavender

Please welcome Marie to our blog today as she talks heroes and turn ons!
What’s your name and where do you come from?   
My name is Marie Lavender.  I live in the Midwest with my family and three cats.
Tell us a bit about your latest release.  
My latest book is Upon Your Return.  It is a historical romance set in France in the 1860s.  It is the first book of the Heiresses in Love series.
How do you go about creating the perfect "Swoon" worthy man?  
Each hero’s characteristics really come out as I’m writing the story.  I may be inspired by a picture or someone I saw, but mainly what the man looks like just comes from my imagination.
What’s your biggest turn on?  
I have a thing for accents.  Don’t get me started.  When I watch a movie with a hot man who also has an accent, that just makes me sigh a little.
What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
I love flowers and chocolates as much as the next person.  But, I like the small things too, the things that let you know a man really cares.  Probably the most romantic thing a man has done for me is to listen and to care about what matters to me.
What do you do to unwind and relax?  
Occasionally, I will watch a TV show or movie.  But, most of the time, if I have a free moment, I read a good book.
What trait do you find the sexiest?
You mean, besides a nice body?  I think a man with a sense of humor is very appealing.
How do you decide how hot or not your book is going to be?
I really don’t.  It just comes out that way.  A lot of it has to do with the characters and if their personalities warrant such description.  Some of my books are hotter than others, I will admit.
Is the stuff you write about from experience or mostly imagination?
I would say a lot of it is imagination, but if you spoke to my fiancĂ© or someone who knew me well, they say a lot of me comes out in my characters.  I have definitely had certain experiences which have shaped the way I view romantic love.  So, possibly it is a little of both.
What’s your idea of a perfect romantic evening?
Dinner, a movie and cuddling with my fiancé.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fara Bellamont has been back in society for a year after leaving Cluny Abbey, where her uncle sent her long ago. When he chooses a suitor for her for marriage, she fears that she will be forced to marry a stranger and live a miserable life.  But, Fara finds herself thrust into an adventure of a lifetime when unforeseen circumstances cause her to place her trust in a strange man for protection. His intervention not only saves her, but puts her in an even more compromising position. Grant Hill, a trading captain, is enchanted by the young heiress not only because of her beauty, but because she is hardly conventional. Underneath her ladylike exterior lies a tigress. Grant cannot help but offer his protection as she is in need and he is far from immune from her charms.  Fara just never bargained on the passion that she feels for Grant Hill. As events unfold, she must decide whether her desires and the dictates of her heart should trump the rules of society...
Purchase Upon Your Return from Amazon and Solstice Publishing.

1 comment:

  1. Upon Your Return, the first historical romance novel in Marie Lavender's "Heiress in Love" series, was a beautifully written story with engaging characters. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...