Interview on Jessica Tornese's Website

Upon Your Return- Marie Lavender

Romance, Romance! Just in time for snuggling down with a good book this cold, blustery winter holiday. Try one of these romances by Marie Lavender:



  
She’s got it all for those of you who love a heart twisting novel!

Synopsis from Upon Your Return:

Fara Bellamont has been back in society for a year after leaving Cluny Abbey, where her uncle sent her long ago. When he chooses a suitor for her for marriage, she fears that she will be forced to marry a stranger and live a miserable life. But, Fara finds herself thrust into an adventure of a lifetime when unforeseen circumstances cause her to place her trust in a strange man for protection. His intervention not only saves her, but puts her in an even more compromising position. Grant Hill, a trading captain, is enchanted by the young heiress not only because of her beauty, but because she is hardly conventional. Underneath her ladylike exterior lies a tigress. Grant cannot help but offer his protection as she is in need and he is far from immune from her charms. Fara just never bargained on the passion that she feels for Grant Hill. As events unfold, she must decide whether her desires and the dictates of her heart should trump the rules of society…

Read on for a sneak peek at the book: Upon Your Return…..But first:
Marie Lavender takes the time to answer a few questions about her passion- writing!

What can we expect from you this coming year?

I have a few projects going on. I plan to release an anthology titled Miss Lavender’s Anthology of Ramblings. It is a collection of short stories and poetry. I also have a paranormal romance that should be released in 2014 through Solstice Publishing, and it is titled Magick & Moonlight. Beyond that, I am polishing the sequel to Upon Your Return. It is called Upon Your Honor.

What genre do you like to write? What genre is your favorite to read?

I write romance, all types of romance. I write contemporary, paranormal and historical romance stories. I read a lot of the same, but I have to say it is a real tie between paranormal and historical romance. For paranormal, I lean toward books like J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series or Kerrelyn Sparks’ Love At Stake series. For historical, I read Catherine Coulter, Tessa Dare or Emma Wildes.

Where do you get your ideas?

That’s a good question. I really wish I knew. I think sometimes I am influenced by current events in the world or things that happen to me. At other times, it’s almost as if something takes possession of me and writes through me. I guess that’s what they call “the muse”.

What other hobbies do you have besides writing?

I read a lot. And does social networking count? I feel like I live on Facebook and Twitter. LOL. I also run two blogs, Marie Lavender’s Books and Writing in the Modern Age, where I have guest authors visit. When I have time, I may watch an episode of Castle, Bones or Once Upon A Time.

Who is your favorite character and why?

Fara Bellamont from Upon Your Return is still my favorite character. She behaves so unlike ladies of her time period, and the hero is still fascinated by her antics. She manages to get her happy ending, despite all of the trials she has to endure.

Which book are you most proud of?

Upon Your Return will always be my crowning glory because it is my first traditionally published book. Right now, I am feeling really great about Leather and Lace, my newest release. But, I am also feeling good about the sequel to Upon Your Return. Do I have to choose one of them? LOL. I guess I’ll go with Leather and Lace. It is equal parts steamy romance and suspense. Angie and Patrick will keep you guessing as to who actually succumbs to whom. Throw in the secrets she keeps from the cop, and you have a read that will thrill you.

And now….the sneak peek at Upon Your Return:

“Grant?”
“Oui?”
“Where will you be sleeping?”
“Right here, if you do not mind.”
She swallowed. “Here? In this bed?” She drew in a sharp breath. Surely he was joking.
“That’s right. Someone must look after you. You’ve had a fairly eventful evening, and if you have a concussion, I must fetch a physician right away. But, if you insist, I will find another place. Perhaps Eric will relinquish his quarters for the night…” His voice was soft, as if he was speaking to himself.
This man had saved her life and already she was pushing him out of his cabin on his ship? It did not seem quite right. “No, I do not want you to do that, Monsieur.” She sighed. “We may share the bunk, Grant. It is quite simple.” She colored beneath his gaze. “Of course, you would have to be a gentleman about it.”
“I would not encroach…” His gaze traveled over her from head to toe.
It should have made her shudder; she should have been appalled at that kind of look, but it seemed almost normal in the intimacy of the moment. She felt gratitude for his rescue, but more, a part of her was comforted by the protection he provided. And she craved that safe haven desperately, or at least to hold on for it for a while, if only for tonight.
“You saved my life. It is only right that I give you something in return, if not a good night’s rest.”
“You owe me nothing, Fara.”
“Tis’ not the way I see it.”
“Very well.” He began to unbutton his cravat and white shirt and threw them aside. He bent to pull off his boots and then approached her. “Is there some way I may assist you, to make you more…comfortable?”
She hesitated a moment, unnerved by his half-naked state, and then went on. “I do have a predicament. My corset…it is dreadfully tight. If you would assist me, I should be very grateful.” She watched his lips part in surprise and he swallowed audibly.
“Of course.” He waited for her to sit up, and then bent to work at the buttons of her lavender dress.
His body was so near that his clean, male scent was almost intoxicating. An additional aroma wafted about too, musky like cigars. It reminded her of the ones she smelled when she passed by her uncle’s office while he met with other men for business affairs.
Her breathing came faster and she struggled to control it. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears and she half-wished it all to go away. But, she felt giddy with it too. It was almost a sense of invincibility as his gentleness was lover-like.
He eased the fabric away and when she leaned forward to assist him, he bent over her still to work at the bands of her corset and his hands splayed across her lower back.
Soon, the fabric fell away and she licked her lips, staring into his gaze. His dark eyes were bright with something she’d never seen before. His face was nearly inches from hers and she feared he might kiss her. Half of her wanted it; the other half was her uncle’s voice telling her it wasn’t right for unattached ladies to display such behavior. No, ’twas too soon for she’d just met this man. She cleared her throat, looking away.
He sat back, away from her. “I was thinking to give you some laudanum tonight for the pain. It will help you sleep,” he urged.
“Merci,” she replied and watched as he went to fetch it. She sighed. She would need it indeed if she wanted to sleep. She felt so heady with a want she didn’t understand and she was certain his presence might keep her from sleeping. Not to mention how her head ached so very much.
When he returned, she drank the wine dutifully and set the glass on the table beside the bed. As he climbed onto the mattress and doused the lights, she wriggled out of her dress, corset and hoop skirt, leaving only her thin shift to sleep in. Her slippers were pinching her feet and so she kicked them to the floor.
She felt his presence beside her, was aware of his even breathing, and wondered if he slept. She couldn’t help thinking that laying there made her feel safer than she’d ever felt in her life. Within minutes, she was claimed by a drug-induced sleep.

Author Bio :

Marie Lavender lives in the Midwest with her family and three cats. She has been writing for over twenty years. She has more works in progress than she can count on two hands.
At the tender age of nine, she began writing stories. Her imagination fueled a lot of her early child’s play. Even growing up, she entered writing contests and received a certificate for achieving the second round in one. She majored in Creative Writing in college because that was all she ever wanted – to be a writer. While there, she published two works in a university publication, and was a copy editor on the staff of an online student journal. After graduating from college, she sought out her dream to publish a book.
Since then, Marie has published seventeen books. Marie Lavender’s real love is writing romances, but she has also written mysteries, literary fiction and dabbled a little in paranormal stories. Most of her works have a romantic element involved in them. Upon Your Return is her first historical romance novel. Feel free to visit her website at http://www.facebook.com/l/FAQFi-1fqAQF-O3os5EFrijyFDsKVyeTHKQHRKtkyG85BGw/marielavender.webs.com/ for further information about her books and her life. Marie is also on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

A list of her books and pen names are as follows:

Marie Lavender: Upon Your Return

Erica Sutherhome: Hard to Get; Memories; A Hint of Scandal; Without You; Strange Heat; Terror in the Night; Haunted; Pursuit; Perfect Game; A Touch of Dawn; Ransom; Leather and Lace

Kathryn Layne: A Misplaced Life

Heather Crouse: Express Café and Other Ramblings; Ramblings, Musings and Other Things; Soulful Ramblings and Other Worldly Things

Author Links:

http://www.marielavender.webs.com/
http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/
http://marielavender.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MarieAnnLavender
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upon-Your-Return/221212331354873
https://twitter.com/marielavender1
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marie-lavender/27/187/10a
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6938764.Marie_Lavender
http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Lavender/e/B00C10Q94I/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
http://store.solsticepublishing.com/upon-your-return/
https://www.createspace.com/4284739

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...