Liebster Award Winner!

I am pleased to announce I have won an award for my blog!  After receiving the Liebster Award, Margo Bond Collins of Words,Words,Words passed it onto me.  This award is normally given to bloggers by other bloggers, and I am honored to be part of this tradition. To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Lorraine Reguly.


The Rules

1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award
6. Ask your nominees 10 questions.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs and/or emailing them.

11 Random Facts About Me

1.  I love chocolate.
2.  I have three cats.
3.  I am actually shy.
4.  I love writing with gel pens.
5.  My first book I turned in for an assignment in grade school was called The Mystery of the Golden Chair.
6.  I have green eyes.
7.  I love pizza.
8.  I would like to start my own publishing company at some point down the road.
9.  I am only 5'4".
10.  I watch historical romance movies for fun.
11.  My favorite bands are Paramore, Fireflight and OneRepublic.

My Answers to Words, Words, Words Questions

1. What prompted you to start blogging?

I actually started it a few years ago, but I didn't get into it heavily until Upon Your Return was accepted by Solstice Publishing.  At that point, I realized it was a necessary tool for marketing.  I also found that it was pretty fun to write blog entries.


2. How do you decide which guests to invite to participate in your blog?

I don't invite guests onto this blog.  I have always had two blogs and I didn't know what to do with two of them.  So, starting in March, I decided to organize and open up my Writing in the Modern Age blog to other authors.  It has really become writer-focused, and it has been a lot of fun meeting other writers.


3. How do you determine which topics to write about on your blog?

For this blog, I really do whatever comes to mind.  I also post updates about author interviews I have done as well as any news about my books.


4. What do you consider your most interesting trait?

I have a pretty goofy sense of humor sometimes.  My friends and family can attest to that.



5. What do you find inspirational?

I am inspired by real people and stories I see on TV or films.  I am also inspired by books.  Mostly, what I find truly inspirational is the knowledge that people are basically good and only their decisions define them.  I have always been fascinated by human psychology and the human condition, the idea that we are all the same.  We all experience pain or sadness.  We are capable of compassion.  We just have to learn to see that being human is not a bad thing.


6. Who are a few authors you look up to?

I have always liked Nora Roberts and Catherine Coulter.  They are clearly successful, driven women who just keep on writing.  


7. What book are you reading now?

Less Than A Gentleman by Kerrelyn Sparks.


8. What books have influenced your life the most?

As a kid, I got started with book series like The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High.  One day, I was staying in a cabin on vacation and I discovered Catherine Coulter's Devil's Embrace.  Shortly after, I read Shirley Busbee's While Passion Sleeps.  Of course, I was influenced by many others.  But, I believe that these books created the seed for my love of historical romance.  And I read modern romances as well, mostly Harlequin at the time.  I think a lot of books contributed to my passion for love, and writing about it.


9. What is the most frightening thing you have ever done?

There are pivotal moments that define your life.  Walking away from a destructive relationship was one of those moments for me.  It was very scary then, but I did it and I don't regret a second of it.  It led me here to this moment in my life. I am engaged to the best man I have ever met, and we have been together for nine years.   


10. What is something on your “bucket list” and why do you want to do it someday?

I want to go to Ireland.  I think there may be Irish in my blood, but mainly I want to go because I've always been drawn to it.  And I've heard it's rather lovely.


Nominate 10 Bloggers

1.  Linda Lee Williams:  http://lindaleewilliams.com/lindaleewilliams/Blog/Blog.html
2.  Stefan Vucak:  http://stefanvucak.com/stefans-blog/
3.  Jessica Tornese:  http://jessicatornese.com/
4.  Tell Cotten:  http://tellcotten.wordpress.com/
5.  Liza O'Connor:  http://www.lizaoconnor.com/
6.  Lizzy Stevens:  http://lizzystevens.blogspot.com/
7.  Elodie Parkes:  http://elodieparkes.blogspot.com/
8.  Rebecca L. Frencl:  http://rebeccalfrencl.blogspot.com/ 
9.  Kathryn Jones:  http://idea-creations.blogspot.com/
10.  Amanda Phillips:  http://editingafteredits.blogspot.com/

My 10 Questions For The Nominees 

1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
3. What prompted you to create your blog/website?
4. How do you decide which guests to invite to participate in your blog?
5. What is your favorite music genre to listen to?
6. Which advice would you give an aspiring writer?
7. What book are you reading now?
8.  What genre do you prefer to read?
9.  If you could go anywhere and money wasn't an obstacle, where would you go?
10.  What do you do for fun?

 

2 comments:

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...