New 5 Star Reviews for MAGICK & MOONLIGHT, UPON YOUR RETURN & UPON YOUR HONOR!

Usually, I do these separately, but I found them at the same time, so what the hell, right?  How fun to be inundated with all these reviews at once!  Yay!  :)


5.0 out of 5 stars Magickal short story, May 21, 2014
By 
This review is from: Magick & Moonlight (Kindle Edition)
As a practicing Wiccan, I was excited to find a story where one of the main characters is a practicing Wiccan and not doing it for show. I was impressed with the knowledge imparted, especially when Jessie was casting the love spell and going through all the reasons why she shouldn’t be doing it. Most Wiccans that I know do exactly the same thing and most do not cast if it will harm another. Just like the Wiccan Rede states: “Harm None, Do What Thou Will.” Love spells fall in that category for most. And to see the negative repercussions fall into place was a nice surprise. It is clear that Ms. Lavender respects the Path enough that she asked for expert help and it was clearly given and used.
Jessie and Ethan are a well matched pair. Both with their own issues, but coming together, they were each able to help the other grow and love.
My only wish was that this book was longer, I did not want it to end. The writing was great, the characters bold and refreshing. Thank you Miss Lavender for a great read…I can’t wait to read some of your other works.
 
 


5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, May 21, 2014
By 
This review is from: Upon Your Return (Kindle Edition)
I really did not know what to expect from Ms. Lavender. I had read her short story Magick & Moonlight and absolutely loved it, but wasn’t sure about her historical romances. Well, I am here to say, great job! The book was awesome. Set in the late 1800’s in France, the time of the World’s Fair and Napoleon. It is a story of 2 people from different classes who meet and fall in love. Of course, love is never easy. They are torn apart for years, only to come back together and struggle to finally reveal their love. Fara and Grant are two strong individuals that have to learn how to reveal what is in their hearts and let the past go so that they can move forward with their lives. Five stars for me….wish I could paste more stars up there!!
 
 

5.0 out of 5 stars So So Good!!, May 21, 2014
By 
This review is from: Upon Your Honor (Kindle Edition)
This is the second story in the Heiress in Love Trilogy and I must say I loved it more than the first one. This is the story of Gabriel and Chloe. Gabriel is the son of Fara and Grant from Upon Your Return. I love this idea and rarely see it occur in other series, where the subsequent novel is the child that is spoken about in the first book. Now it is Gabriel’s turn to find his way and to find love. The characters are fresh and surprising. The story well fleshed out. There is enough drama to keep the story going, yet enough of a love story to keep you hooked. I wanted Chloe and Gabriel to get together so bad, I would talk to my laptop to tell them to hurry it up. LOL. My boyfriend thought I was going crazy when I was speaking to the characters out loud. This is definitely a five star novel for me!!! Thank you Ms. Lavender for another wonderful novel. I can’t wait to read the next one!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...