Great 4 Star Review on Amazon and Goodreads!



4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, September 13, 2013
By
Angela Rose (North Carolina) -This review is from: Upon Your Return (Kindle Edition)

This was a well-researched, well-written historical romance, and I loved how the author shed some light on the oppression of not only the female gender, but of that of social classes.

Grant was every bit of the gallant hero in this story, and I loved how he took on the role of protector for Fara. He knew just when to step back, and let the heroine explore and grow as a person through her newest trial.

The conflict between hero and heroine in the beginning was compelling. However, I felt some disconnect with the couple in the middle, as Fara's indecisiveness seemed to slow the bond between the couple. I felt it again, when Grant discovers that Gabriel is his son. There was no sign of an alpha male at the declaration, but I was relieved to finally see the words "his family" in the story when they became threatened. That being said, there were many tender and heartfelt moments between Fara and Grant that I knew this was a couple destined to be together.

Overall, I enjoyed the story and loved the intrigue of the story line. If you love historical romance, period  clothing and the dictates of social propriety, then you will love Upon Your Return by Marie Lavender.

http://www.amazon.com/Upon-Your-Return-ebook/product-reviews/B00BFX8YLI/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...