Pretty Good Reviews for the Heiresses in Love Series!

I just came across these two reviews for Upon Your Return and Upon Your Honor. Not too bad!  :)

Upon Your Return by Marie Lavender

by
11894433
's review
Feb 02, 14

bookshelves: romance
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2014

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

I loved the cover of this book, very nice and sexy. I found Captain Grant Hill to be a wonderful sexy character. He was a wonderful protector of a very stubborn lady who know what she wants and doesn't let the world tell her what she should do. It took a lot of balls or I guess I should say backbone to do some of the things she does. I found this to be a very sweet, loving, passionate book. Fara was born in a time where women had little rights and others took control, you had no say even in marriage. There are a lot of twist and turns it is hard to keep up at times, and I did get a little confused but all in all it was a very good read. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3NU5X2U788SEG/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00JTKTODG
 
4.0 out of 5 stars A story of finding true love, February 26, 2015
By 
This review is from: Upon Your Honor (Kindle Edition)
This was intriguing story filled with excitement from Chloe running away after her father’s death to her being kidnapped along with falling in love. The author gives you a wonderful plot but at times it is just too long. I found this enjoyable read but found my mind wondered at times. The author did pull me back in with wonderful parts in the book.

Chloe has already lost her mother at a young age, to lose her father at 19 was too much add a man that claims her father wanted her to marry him and take over her money was more than she could take. She decides she should go to her grandmothers, gets on a boat and leaves life as she knows it. Chloe is a very strong willed lady and goes through some trying times. Gabriel finds her and does his best to protect her, men kidnap her but Gabriel finds her. Both have a lot to learn as they travel the seas and endure many trying times.

I thought the author gave us wonderful characters with a story to tell. I loved Gabriel for his strong caring ways. He grew to be a wonderful man you could lean on, one that cares so much and gives so much. Chloe grew to be a better person to learn to trust and found that not all mean are evil or have bad intent.

I felt this was an enjoyable read at times long winded and could have been cut down a little. All in all it wasn’t a bad read. At times I was a little confused but I worked it out. The author does have a wonderful plot with wonderful characters. She tells a story of lost, pain and sorrow as they grow to become stronger more meaningful adults. I wouldn’t say this is your normal historical romance but a good one with a wonderful ending.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...