Character Interview - Eric from Upon Your Return

*This originally posted on Rebecca L. Frencl's blog here, but I will go ahead and post it as well.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Meet a New Character!

We have a unique opportunity today . . . to hear from a character in the character's own words. Authors usually joke that we listen to the voices in our heads. Well, here's a chance to step into a writer's head and hear what goes on. I always tell people that my brain is a strange place to live. I'm happy I'm not the only one who seems to have these conversations with my characters. So, take a few moments to meet Eric Caron. He's a really interesting character and I, for one, am looking forward to hearing more from him.



Character Interview - Upon Your Return by Heather C.
I am here today with Erica Caron from the book Upon Your Return by Marie Lavender.  Yes, folks, that's right.  I'm doing a character interview.  This man is here in the flesh to give us a little taste of Upon Your Return.

Heather:  I noticed you bowed to me when you came into the room, Eric.  You just don't see that very often these days.  Ladies, I do believe he's blushing!  I didn't mean to embarrass you, Eric.  Let's get started, shall we?

Eric:  Of course, Mademoiselle (says delightfully in his French accent).

Heather:  So, from what I've heard of Upon Your Return, you are Captain Hill's valet?
Eric:  That is correct.

Heather:  And what is that like?  Isn't a valet little more than a servant?

Eric:  (Tries to hide a smile.)  Serving my captain is never a chore, Mademoiselle.  It is a duty I am more than honored to perform.

Heather:  And you are required to say that, I understand.  Come now, Eric, even I know servants are terrible gossips about their employers.

Eric:  You misunderstand, MademoiselleCapitaine Hill is more than my master.  He is my friend.

Heather:  I see.  So, now that we've gotten to the heart of things, what is it you can tell me about the dashing captain?  I hear he's quite a catch (says to the audience).

Eric:  He is a good man, the best of men in my opinion.  You'll never find a better leader to spur his crew into action.  You'll never find a more honorable man.  If there is a cause, he will fight for it.

Heather:  Fascinating.  So, what about Fara Bellamont?  Can you tell me anything about her?

Eric:  (He shrugs.)  I've barely known her at all.

Heather:  But?

Eric:  But, she seems to be a good person.  She has always treated me kindly.  Of course, she shocked me when she spoke so directly to the captain a time or two.  She is an interesting young woman.

Heather:  You meant to say more, didn't you?

Eric:  (He looks uneasy for a moment.)  I suspect Capitaine Hill has feelings for Mademoiselle Bellamont.  But, he has not said so. 

Heather:  Do you think things will work out between them then?

Eric:  I imagine so.  Fate has a way of bringing things about.

Heather:  Well!  That's about all the time we have today.  Eric, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Eric:  The pleasure was all mine, I assure you, Mademoiselle.  (He bows, the leaves the room.)

Heather:  Well, wasn't he something? 

For all our viewers here, just a recap, that was Eric Caron from Upon Your Return.  In case this interview has made you want to read more about Eric, Captain Grant Hill or Fara Bellamont, you can find the book on Amazon, Solstice, CreateSpace, Barnes&Noble, Smashwords and Kobo.
What a fascinating interview!  I know I want to read Upon Your Return!
Blurb for Upon Your Return

Fara Bellamont has been back in society for a year after leaving Cluny Abbey, where her uncle sent her long ago. When he chooses a suitor for her for marriage, she fears that she will be forced to marry a stranger and live a miserable life.

But, Fara finds herself thrust into an adventure of a lifetime when unforeseen circumstances cause her to place her trust in a strange man for protection. His intervention not only saves her, but puts her in an even more compromising position.

Grant Hill, a trading captain, is enchanted by the young heiress not only because of her beauty, but because she is hardly conventional. Underneath her ladylike exterior lies a tigress. Grant cannot help but offer his protection as she is in need and he is far from immune from her charms.

Fara just never bargained on the passion that she feels for Grant Hill. As events unfold, she must decide whether her desires and the dictates of her heart should trump the rules of society in this exciting tale.

Kobo:  http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Upon-Your-Return/book-S9j9kHxqnUOxEUK4IkjFRw/page1.html?s=sGcZru_xmE2NIc-tjelWvg&r=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...