Five star review on Amazon!!!!!

It posted today on Amazon, but I will post below:


Marie Lavender's beautifully written love story between heiress Fara Bellamont and Captain Grant Hill captured my heart immediately. Set in 1860's France, the novel portrays the social and political struggles of that era, and the challenges Fara faces as a woman. Although a "man's world," that sphere could prove just as hard for a man not born to a position, such as Captain Hill. Despite their situations, Fara and Grant are bold enough and brave enough to defy the conventions of the time.

In Upon Your Return, the author touches upon the stirrings of feminism and uses period details judiciously, creating a sense of reality without ever boring the reader. Fara and Grant must travel a long, difficult road and overcome a lot of obstacles. We take that journey with them and hope that somehow, in the end, love will prevail.

I highly recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys romance stories and appreciates good writing. It is one of those "rare gems."  




2 comments:

  1. Okay, I bought your book! Looking forward to reading it. It's in the lineup.

    E. M. Bahnsen
    (author, Of Men and Monsters)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...