Character Interview with Grant Hill from UPON YOUR RETURN

*This originally posted here, but I will post it below as well.


 
Picture
Mariana: let’s start off with you telling us a little about yourself?

Grant:  My name is Capitaine Grant Hill.  My ship is La Voyageur.  I am a trading captain.     

Mariana: Here’s a fun one. What was the first thought you had when you woke up today?

Grant:  I woke up thinking about the lovely Mademoiselle Bellamont.  I just met her.  Fara is a beautiful name, don’t you think?

Mariana: What did your calendar for the past two weeks look like?

Grant:  We have only been in port for a week or so.  We were on the seas, of course.  We were in England and Portugal before that.

Mariana: Who was the last person you spoke to?

Grant:  My valet, Eric, of course.

Mariana: What did you talk about?

Grant:  I sent him on a round of errands for the day.

Mariana: What would a typical evening look like to you?

Grant:  Sometimes I go into one of the ports and converse with merchants.  Other evenings, I stay in my cabin and review the charts.  I must plan ahead.

Mariana: What was your last nightmare? 

Grant:  I often dream about drowning.  It is a common fear for sailors.

Mariana: What do you do to relax after a bad day?

Grant:   I do enjoy a good book from time to time.  Sometimes Eric and I will get the foils out and have a mock duel.  The crew of La Voyageur usually finds that fairly amusing.

Mariana: If you could have two whole weeks for vacation and go and do anything you wanted money not a problem what would it be where would you go and why?

Grant:   I have often enjoyed the clear waters of the Caribbean.  The islands are quite lovely.

Mariana: Where would you go to hang out if you wanted to feel comfortable?

Grant:  Do you jest?  I love being at the helm on a clear day with enough wind.

Mariana: In an emergency who is the first person you call?

Grant:   I still find it odd, but Eric seems to show up whenever I am in a bind.

Mariana: Your house is on fire, you have less than a minute to grab 5 things what are they?

Grant:   I have had so little before.  I do not feel the need to hold on to certain possessions.  When I am on board my ship, I usually keep a compass and a telescope on hand.

Mariana: If you could bring one person back to life and spend a full day with him or who would it be and what would you do?

Grant:  More than anything, I would want to see my mother again.  She always treated me well, and she made me love France.  If I could see her, I would bring her to La Rochelle.

Now for the author

Mariana: Here would be a great place to add an excerpt and/or blub:

Blurb:

Fara Bellamont has been back in society for a year after leaving Cluny Abbey, where her uncle sent her long ago. When he chooses a suitor for her for marriage, she fears that she will be forced to marry a stranger and live a miserable life. But, Fara finds herself thrust into an adventure of a lifetime when unforeseen circumstances cause her to place her trust in a strange man for protection. His intervention not only saves her, but puts her in an even more compromising position.  Grant Hill, a trading captain, is enchanted by the young heiress not only because of her beauty, but because she is hardly conventional. Underneath her ladylike exterior lies a tigress. Grant cannot help but offer his protection as she is in need and he is far from immune from her charms. 
Fara just never bargained on the passion that she feels for Grant Hill. As events unfold, she must decide whether her desires and the dictates of her heart should trump the rules of society…

Excerpt:

She woke slowly, the light teasing her eyes open. She snuggled against a hard, warm body and though her eyelids were heavy with sleep, she looked up into the face of La Capitaine Hill. It took a moment for her to realize his eyes, which were unreadable before, laughed at her and were creased at the corners.

She glanced around and knew instantly the reason for his ill-displayed humor. She was holding him down. Her arms encircled his neck and one exposed white thigh was thrown across his belly, which was thankfully hidden by his breeches. She felt like an imbecile, all safe and warm and curled against a complete stranger.

Her cheeks flushed and she stammered, “I-I'm sorry...” She tried to pull away, but he grasped her waist. “Grant,” she pleaded.

“I don't mind at all, Fara.”

Oui, but I do!”

“I see...but, you forget who started it.”

Her face might as well have been stained red for his teasing remarks were not helping the situation. “I know. I said I was sorry.”

“Now, there's no need for apologies, love. I am at your mercy, if you please. Please?”

For a moment, she almost took him to task for presuming she was that kind of woman. But, his eyes still laughed at her. Faltering, she slugged him on the arm. “You beast! Now let me go, I demand it!”

Seeming reluctant, he released his hold on her and watched as she gradually slid from the bed to gather her clothes to her bosom.

She was careful not to make any jarring movements as her head still ached a little. “Is there not some other place I may change my clothing?”

He laughed, a deep rumbling sound. “No, unless you want to stun my crew into submission...”

Her jaw tightened in response and she chose to ignore him. “Then you will look away like a gentleman whilst I change.”

He sighed and closed his eyes. “There's nothing like having a young woman around to revive oneself fully,” he said softly.

“I would be eternally grateful if you'd cease teasing me.”

“Eternally?”

Oui!” She checked to make sure he wasn't spying and then hastily changed. Considering she had no nursemaid to aid her, she surprised herself with her speed.

Fara slipped her feet into her slippers. She finger-combed the tangles from her hair as best as she could. “Now, I would like to get off of this...your ship, your Voyageur,” she gestured with a flick of her wrist.

He stood up and grasped his own clothing, and then quickly buttoned his white shirt, the shirttails trailing over his black breeches. He approached her, smiling when she backed away. Suddenly, he grasped her waist, pulling her toward him and seemed to ignore her squeal. He did up the buttons of her dress carefully.

She swallowed, aware that the forced intimacy between them was affecting her too much.

Mariana: Anything you would like to add?

I have 15 other books under various pen names.  You can find them listed on my website.

Mariana: Well, give us some links so we can stalk, I mean, find you:

http://www.marielavender.webs.com/
http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/
http://marielavender.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MarieAnnLavender
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upon-Your-Return/221212331354873
https://twitter.com/marielavender1
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6938764.Marie_Lavender
http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Lavender/e/B00C10Q94I/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marie-lavender/27/187/10a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...