Exclusive Interview with Author Tina Bass

Today, we're doing something a little different. This is our ninth guest author interview on the Marie Lavender's Books! blog, and fellow author Tina Bass is visiting us. 


Hello, Tina!  It’s such a pleasure to have you here. :)

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest book? When did it come out and where can we get it?

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00TWPOLV8



My latest book is Safe With Him. It came out at the end of February 2015 and can be purchased in e-book or paperback form from Amazon.com. It’s the second book in the Safe Series, and book one, His Safe Keeping, can be bought at Amazon also. They are stand alone, but part of a bigger picture.

Great!

So, tell us...is there anything that prompted Safe With Him? Something that inspired you? 



I guess what inspired me were the characters in my head because for as long as I can remember, they have always been there. I never had the time to ‘listen’ to them, and assumed that was the way it was for everyone, until my kids were older and I had the free time to put the individual characters' stories to paper.

When did you know you wanted to write?  Or has it always been a pastime of yours? 


I didn’t know I wanted to write, or that I would enjoy it so much, until around November 2013. It’s funny because I have a friend that would tell me about stories she had read and I decided to write down one of the stories that were being acted out in my head. I called her when I had a couple of paragraphs and read them to her over the phone. Well, she asked me who wrote that! It surprised me that she was interested and I told her that it was mine. She immediately said to tell her more so I sat down and started really writing, and His Safe Keeping was born.


That's awesome! I love to hear how writers began their journeys!
 
So, do you have any favorite authors?
 
Although I have tons of authors I love, my all-time favorite is J. D. Robb. I know she is really Nora Roberts, but for anyone who has read both Nora Roberts and J. D. Robb, they know what I mean when I say J. D. Robb is my favorite.


I love Nora, but I haven't had the honor of reading any of her J.D Robb books yet. I'm sure they're great too. They are on my Wishlist!
 
Do you write in a specific place, Tina? Or time of day?
 

I don’t have one specific time or place to write. It could be anywhere and at any time, including my bedroom floor. Yes, I said floor. Now keep in mind I have a king-size bed, but one night I was awakened by one of my characters and after writing for hours that day/night, I had laid my laptop on the floor before going to sleep. I tried and tried to go back to sleep, but this particular character was not having it. I rolled out of bed, sat on the floor with my laptop, and started typing away for another few hours. Sometimes that’s how it works!


I agree. The muse calls at any time, and in any fashion. ;)
 
So, are there any words you'd like to impart to fellow writers? Any advice?
 
The most important advice I could give is to simply write, write, write! Even if it’s just for a few minutes a day, don’t let ‘life’ get in the way. I know that for me there are some days that can be so hectic, but I try every single day to write something. Sometimes it’s a few pages for the next book in the series, and other times it may be just a scene or two from a future book, but every day I write something.
Great advice! We should 'practice' writing as much as possible.
 
Thank you for stopping by, Tina! It was a pleasure to have you here.  :)

Readers, here is the blurb for Safe With Him.
 
http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00TWPOLV8
 
Bree Winters grew up distrusting cops and all they stood for, with only her brother to take care of her. After years of being forced to live apart, Bree moves to the small town of Mt. Eve with two goals in mind: to once again have her brother nearby and turn the dream she’s worked years to accomplish into a reality. Now with one goal met and her dream so close, she’s thrust into a situation filled with the things she hates the most…deception, lies, and cops.

Draco Vittore grew up in a life he didn’t want. At a very young age, Draco discovered the true meaning of ‘bad guys’ and the type of person he didn’t want to be. Now a Virginia State police officer in their specialty unit, he’s good at two things: being a cop and picking up women—and he’s never had a problem in either department. His rules are simple—be the best damn cop he can be and never bring a woman home.

Until—a chance encounter involving a broken shower, a situation he won’t back down from, and a woman he can’t seem to forget.

When Bree's life is threatened with a fate worse than death, Draco will do anything to keep her safe. Will he cross a line he can’t come back from? Or will both of their pasts keep her from being… Safe With Him?

 

Here is an excerpt from the novel. 

  



Draco took another bite and thought; she was driving him completely insane! With that talking/mumbling shit that was just too fuckin’ cute. And did she have to walk around in those sexy as hell clothes, teasing him with just hints of damn skin? Skin he wanted to touch and taste so fuckin’ bad he itched?
Then she insults him twice, to his damn face! Once saying his own brother was too nice of a guy to even be related to him, then that shit about cops. What the fuck was that all about? He wondered and not for the first time.
Then that sweet ‘sorry’ of hers, which he had a feeling was more about dropping the plates than the insults she threw out at him.
When he grabbed her hand to help her up off the floor, her small hand wrapped in his felt like silk. He liked just holding her hand. What the shit was that about? He was 34 years old and he stopped hand holding at 15. Then, pulling her chair out for her. He did not do shit like that!
And yeah, her liking his cooking was fine but did she have to moan, with that post orgasmic look on that gorgeous face? Then she had to up all that gorgeousness and smile—right at him! The kind of smile that makes a man want to do damn near anything just to get another one of those damn gorgeous smiles.
Insane! Completely insane! That’s where she was sending him.
And what the hell was up with her not drinking? Ever? He looked at her then. She was of age, wasn’t she? Oh fuck, was she under 21? Did he seriously just offer alcohol to a minor?
“How old are you?” he barked, a little too gruffly, but shit she had to be over 21. Right? Please, fuck, be over 21, he silently begged.
She jerked her head up and narrowed her eyes at him. “Excuse me?”
“You are over 21, aren’t you?” He damn near begged.
Looking him right in the eyes, “I will be next month.” She said so sweetly with just a slight tilt to her head.
“Fuckin’ hell!” He groaned. Then watched her lip twitch right before she busted out laughing, and fuck, if that that wasn’t sexy too.
“Bet you’re glad I didn’t take you up on that beer, huh, Kojak?” she questioned, still giggling.
He just stared at her for a beat, then two. She was only 20 and he was…too damn old to be thinking what he had been thinking.
“Trying to catch flies?” she asked, and when he still didn’t answer or move, she leaned over and placed her hand under his chin and pushed his mouth closed, then slid her fingers slowly back. “Relax, super sleuth. I’m 26. But thanks for the compliment, even if you didn’t intend it that way.” She sat back and started eating again, like she didn’t just scared the piss out of him and turned him on at the same damn time.
Okay, he had to get this woman out of his house, he told himself.
“Serves you right for asking a woman her age.” she said, adding a small side smile that was just cute as hell.
“After we eat, wanta' watch the movie?” he asked her before he even realized what the hell he was doing.



 



Ooh! I definitely want to know what happens next.
Readers, don't forget to check out this book!
 
http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00TWPOLV8
 
Purchase Links
 
Universal Amazon link:  http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00TWPOLV8
 

Author Bio  



I'm a light erotic romance writer, who loves a happily ever after. I live in a small town in Virginia with my three children. I am your normal everyday mom of one grown and two almost grown teenagers who has recently discovered the joys of writing. When not busy writing, I enjoy reading and shopping for vintage items. I came into writing later in life, after my characters decided to take over and I was able to hear the stories in my head.



Author Links:  

 
Tina's Books:

  
http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00TWPOLV8

http://www.amazon.com/His-Safe-Keeping-Book-ebook/dp/B00JTLF2Z4/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...