Character Interview - Fara from Upon Your Return

*This interview originally aired on Mia Darien's site here, but I will go ahead and post it as well.

Character Interview: Marie Lavender & Fara from ‘Upon Your Return’

Today’s character interview has us joined by Marie Lavender and Fara, from Marie’s story Upon Your Return. Welcome to you both!

* * *

Mia: What is the name of the book where we’ll find you? Can you tell us a little about it?

Fara: The book is Upon Your Return. You could say the book is really about my life, or at least the hardships I must experience to find happiness. I meet Captain Grant Hill and so much happens. It is about my journey to find love, and not just the romantic kind. And despite everything, I do find family.

Mia: Tell us a little about yourself. Where do you fit into the story? What should we know about you?

Fara: Well, I don’t know quite what to say. I suppose I am the main character of the story. I am a girl who dreams of finding a way out of her situation. Even though I know my place, I want so much to find love.

Mia: What do you think of the author? Be honest. We won’t tell.

Fara: That is a hard question. But, since you ask, I will be honest. Marie is a strange girl. Have you heard the music she listens to? You can hardly waltz to it. And she’s nothing like my aunt. Not proper. But, she believes in love as I do, and I like that about her.

Mia: How do you feel about the story you’re in?

Fara: I think this is a good story. When I read it, I remember what I went through and all the negative things that occurred…well, I don’t want to relive that. But, Grant…well, I’ll let you read all about him in the book.

Mia: Do you like being a character in the book?

Fara: I’m not sure. Marie describes me as an eighteen year old girl who hardly acts the way she should. But, what does that matter? I do not want to be like everyone else.

Mia: How do you see your future? Without giving anything away about the story, naturally.

Fara: I always dreamed of going to a place far away and having adventures. If I could have that, that would be so exciting!

Mia: What do you know about your author’s plans? Can we expect to see you in any future stories?

Fara: Yes, I do know a little of her plans, and I’m not sure I agree with her. The lady is going to follow me to see what happens after the book. She talks of writing about my children.

Mia: Let’s say they make a movie about this book. Who do you want to play you, and why?

Fara: Why, I believe Amy Adams would be a good fit. She has the right hair color, you see, and she seems like a pleasant girl.

* * *

Author Bio: Marie Lavender lives in the Midwest with her family and three cats. She has been writing for over twenty years. She has more works in progress than she can count on two hands.

At the tender age of nine, she began writing stories. Her imagination fueled a lot of her early child’s play. Even growing up, she entered writing contests and received a certificate for achieving the second round in one. She majored in Creative Writing in college because that was all she ever wanted – to be a writer. While there, she published two works in a university publication, and was a copy editor on the staff of an online student journal. After graduating from college, she sought out her dream to publish a book.

Since then, Marie has published sixteen books. Marie Lavender’s real love is writing romances, but she has also written mysteries, literary fiction and dabbled a little in paranormal stories. Most of her works have a romantic element involved in them. Upon Your Return is her first historical romance novel. Feel free to visit her website at http://marielavender.webs.com/ for further information about her books and her life. Marie is also on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

A list of her books and pen names are as follows:

Marie Lavender: Upon Your Return
Erica Sutherhome: Hard to Get; Memories; A Hint of Scandal; Without You; Strange Heat; Terror in the Night; Haunted; Pursuit; Perfect Game; A Touch of Dawn; Ransom
Kathryn Layne: A Misplaced Life
Heather Crouse: Express Café and Other Ramblings; Ramblings, Musings and Other Things; Soulful Ramblings and Other Worldly Things

You can find Marie at her website, her blog, and second blog.

You can buy Upon Your Return from Solstice Publishing, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords & Kobo.

Marie Lavender Cover Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...