Advanced reviews for SECOND NATURE!

My new paranormal romance/urban fantasy book, Second Nature, just came out!  I am so excited about book one of the Blood at First Sight Series, and I am anxious for you all to see it! 

http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00Q7FWIWA

In that vein, I just wanted to drop by and mention that two early reviews posted on December 2nd on Goodreads. Here they are:

3678510
's review
Dec 02, 14

Read on December 01, 2014

Second Nature
Marie Lavender
 
What did I like? It’s been a long time since I have a read a book that hit me like this one did. I have always liked paranormal books and if they included a romance so much the better. This book has that and more! I started this book and could not put it down, the story started and from page one took hold of me and wrapped me up. The action and emotions were flying off the pages with the author's signature writing of vivid descriptions and details that will start that mental video in your head. I loved the reaction between Desiree and Alec with the connection being so tantalizing that you could not help but be involved. I could feel the how the tension was building and you could just see how their lives were changing and knew that nothing would ever be the same. I was so involved that I cried and cried from the love that was pouring off the pages. There was nothing about this story that I disliked, I loved it from page one to the very end.

What will you like? I have read other books by this author so I knew that I would fall in love with the story but if you have not read any of her work before be prepared for a well-developed story line that shows the work and effort that she puts in her writing. She has a remarkable way of describing the places and characters that pull you into the story from the beginning. You don’t have to read half the book to figure out that you’re going to like it, it starts from page one on! Her characters are always remarkable and loveable with details that leave no doubt that you either love them or hate them. I really like that when I read! When you finish the book you will be craving for the next book to be released soon. I would recommend all the books that Ms Lavender has written, the ones that I have read have all been great. Class writing and a five star story, don’t miss it! 

------
28595923
's review
Dec 02, 14

Read in October, 2014

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of “Second Nature” by Marie Lavender. Having enjoyed her novel “Magick & Moonlight” a lot, and being a huge fan of vampires, I dove in eagerly – and I loved the book!

It was great to see things through both protagonists’ eyes and really understand what motivates them and what characterizes them. The heroine and the hero were both very well fleshed out, acted credibly and had me hooked from the start. I loved it that the author didn’t just make Desiree a weakling who blindly falls for an oh so drool-worthy vampire, but that she gave her strength, will power, an intriguing family background and life – and a little something I don’t want to mention for fear of spoilers. I also found it awesome that Alec was a troubled soul hiding behind all that brain and brawn and vampire appeal. The two of them made a perfect match, and I was rooting for their happy end throughout the book. Their names are perfect, by the way.

The plot was tight, keeping me on edge with all the action, emotions and steamy scenes. As happens with good books, I wanted to know the end of the story, but at the same time didn’t want it to be over.

If you enjoy vampire fiction that is on the one hand typical for the genre but on the other hand bears the author’s smooth style and flowing language, then you’ll enjoy “Second Nature” as much as I did.
 
---
 
Here is the book trailer for your viewing pleasure:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...