Exclusive Interview with Author Adrienne Davenport

Today, we're doing something a little different. This is our second guest author interview on the Marie Lavender's Books! blog, and Eternal Press author Adrienne Davenport is visiting us. 

Hello, Adrienne!  Love that name! It’s such a pleasure to have you here. :)



Can you tell us a little bit about your latest book? When did it come out and where can we get it?

http://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Making-Adrienne-Davenport-ebook/dp/B00QUASQ7I/ref=la_B004SYM1GA_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423079356&sr=1-4
Sure! My latest book, Miracles in the Making, is a charming romantic novella. Set in the fast-paced city of Chicago during the Christmas season, it is the story of kind-hearted Candy Frost and impetuous Noel Street.  Amusingly true to her name, Candy owns a tiny sweets shop, popular in and out of Chicago. A single young woman with no children of her own, she is happy enough to settle for this as her lot in life.  It appears her decision is right. Until one day, in the process of making her usual jaunt to work, she stumbles across Noel.  A fiery young angel, he has been forced from heaven by his superiors. After a few shaky mistakes, Noel must earn back his immortal position by proving himself worthy. With a little help from Ms. Frost, the task seems easy enough. However, will his final decision be quite so easy? What began as a soft friendship between Candy and Noel has now formed into much more. Neither knows what awaits them or the turns life is about to take. They have no idea what questions will arise or what answers are in store. 

The book was released on December 9th, 2014, the goal was to keep it close to the Christmas holiday. It is available from quite a few different online sources, however; Amazon and Eternal Press are the main ones.

It sounds great! And it looks like your publisher is offering it for free for a limited time! 

So, tell us...is there anything that prompted Miracles in the Making? Something that inspired you?

From the time I published my first novel, writing a holiday romance has been one of my goals. I always loved reading the ones released by my favorite novelists. The idea alone had many fun points to work with.

It does sound like a blast.

So, when did you know you wanted to write?  Or has it always been a pastime of yours?     

From the time I was in first grade, I always had teachers telling me I should become a writer. The concept itself was always easy and for awhile I took it for granted. When I was in sixth grade, I wrote my first book. This, of course, wasn't the kind of novel that usually sells. While the rest of the class was writing a one or two page story for our assignment, however, I wrote a book ten pages long. After my son's father and I split up, I was sitting at the table staring at my laptop and wondering what step to take next. The idea just hit me, all those suggestions to be an author. It just spiraled from there and here I am. I will say this, I'll never take it for granted in the least again!

Yeah, it isn't as easy as it looks on the outside. LOL. 

Do you have any favorite authors?


That one's easy! Nora Roberts and Judith McNaught are without question my favorites! They have been since I was twelve, back when steamy romances weren't exactly what my family would have preferred I be reading. At the time, I would often hide under the covers with a good book I had slipped by and enjoy as many pages as I could before my eyes shut. Of course, that's not the case these days. 

I love Nora too! And I definitely did the same thing when I was younger. It's funny how illicit those novels seemed at the time, huh?

Do you write in a specific place? Time of day? 
 
Mostly I write during the mornings, when my son is still at school. I always sit at the table with my coffee cup parked next to my laptop. This all started when my son was a baby. I wanted to be able to watch him while he played in the living room, so I parked my laptop in a place that served more than one purpose. A single mom, I have to balance my time. As a result, I work hard in the mornings and help him with his homework when he returns. It works good for everyone.


That's great! 

Are there any words you'd like to impart to fellow writers? Any advice? 


Yeah. Definitely, keep going! Sometimes it feels like you're not getting anywhere and you want to just call it quits. Sure thing, you can, but take a second look first. 

Here's a good example: I have now written four books. None of these are bestsellers, of course. Occasionally, I'll get a little down, feel like the ground I'm making is small. A little while back however, in the process of doing some research, I stumbled across a short bio on one of my favorites, Nora Roberts. It was late, my son was asleep, and the Jazz game was on hold. What do you know, perfect timing. So I took a minute and read the biography. From day one, I always had that silly fancy that Mrs. Roberts was born a millionaire, or at least that it only took a few days. Though I have long since figured out that most writers don't have it that way, I still wondered about her. 

Then I saw a paragraph. She started writing in 1979 but didn't get her first hot sale until 1985. Wait a minute...huh! She ground it out just like the rest of us. It was a good lesson. 

So there you go; keep going. If you stay determined, you'll eventually get there. Let me just take a minute to say, thanks, Ms. Lavender, for the interview and thanks to everyone reading. If you would like to learn more, just come check out one of my pages. These are all listed below. I always love hearing from my readers. Have a great day everyone.

What a peach! And you're welcome. It's a real 

pleasure meeting you, Adrienne!


Thank you for stopping by! :)


Readers, here is the blurb for Miracles in the

Making.

http://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Making-Adrienne-Davenport-ebook/dp/B00QUASQ7I/ref=la_B004SYM1GA_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423079356&sr=1-4
Sometimes the gifts we treasure most…are the ones we don't see coming. Owner of a charming little candy shop, near the center of Chicago, Candy Frost has no children of her own to hold dear. Still, she is loved just as dearly by the ones who visit her shop on a regular basis. It isn't much but it keeps her going, especially around the holidays. She hates the surname she inherited from her parents but the kids think it's very hilarious. Busy with life in general, she doesn't make much effort to find a relationship. Kept company by her old cat, she figures she could not ask for more, even if occasionally she is a bit lonely. Life in general keeps to a smooth pace, until one night just before Christmas Eve, while sitting at home, she absently admits to her cat that she occasionally longs for company. 

This year Noel Street, a young male angel, has been watching her for a few years. He trips up, admitting he momentarily lapsed in his duty. To punish him the high angel sends him to Earth for three months. When Candy discovers him outside her shop, she falls head over heels. He is the handsomest man she has seen in years. He draws children to him as though he possesses a magical flair. She can't help but be attracted. Noel has always found her beautiful, but she was off limits. Using his duty to her for an excuse, he invites her to visit the Winter Wonderfest on Navy with him. Neither knows what awaits them or the turns life is about to take. They have no idea what questions will arise or what answers are in store.

Here is the book trailer.



Here is an excerpt from the novella.
 

“I can bet you anything you’ll enjoy it tonight. Meet me at seven?” he added with a charming smile. “All right, all right, seven it is.” She reclaimed her palm and began wiping the counter, just to have something to do.

“Very good. After that, perhaps I can make you dinner. A late dinner over firelight is always pleasant, no?”

Unable stop herself, Candy examined him with skeptical curiosity. “You mean you know how to cook?”

“Wow, I had no idea it was so outlandish a notion.” Noel straightened his shoulders. “I can swear to you, Miss Frost, you won’t die of poisoning if you dare try the first bite.”

Lost in her fascination, Candy continued towards him, not the least bit aware what she was attempting.

“Thanks for the help,” she offered, for lack of anything better to say.

Don't forget to pick up your free copy at the publisher's site!

Author Bio  


As a novelist, I enjoy my work immensely. My first book, A Fairytale; was written when I was eleven years old for an assignment I had in sixth grade. While the rest of the class was writing one or two pages, I created a book more than ten pages long. Since I've loved to write from that time that I was in first grade, it seemed the logical path to take. Miracles in the Making is my first novella. Up to this point however, I have published two other novels, Dishonorable Intentions and Stranger by Morning. Right now, I am working on a fresh new romance.  Almost Wonderful is due to be released in the near future. I currently live in the beautiful town of Moab, Utah. 

When I am not writing, I can usually be found spending time with my young son, Julian. As a single mom, it was a challenge at first to find a happy medium, but my son always comes first! I never stop loving what I do. I hope you enjoy my works. Thank you for your support. I welcome any feedback. My email is adrienne_davenport@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Your friend,
Adrienne

Author Links:
 

Vermillion Quill (author blog): https://vermillionquill.wordpress.com/


Books:

http://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Making-Adrienne-Davenport-ebook/dp/B00QUASQ7I/ref=la_B004SYM1GA_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423079356&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Morning-Adrienne-Davenport-ebook/dp/B008RDGOVG/ref=la_B004SYM1GA_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423080828&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Dishonorable-Intentions-Adrienne-Davenport-ebook/dp/B0055TKWR2/ref=la_B004SYM1GA_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423080828&sr=1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...